MyACT is the use of sound waves to treat acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain. Complete Chiropractic is proud to offer Myofascial Acoustic Compression Therapy (MyACT). This widely used treatment of acute and chronic pain in muscles, tendons and joints. MyACT describes the use of acoustic waves to target tissue at varying depths to compress and manipulate tissue resulting in a focused and precise deep tissue massage. The results of the mechanical stimulus delivered by MyACT can lead to increased circulation and pain relief – key components in the healing process. For more information on how MyACT could help you please call our office to set up your appointment.
FOR TARGETED, NON INVASIVE PAIN RELIEF
MyACT allows acoustic waves to converge at a point deep within the soft tissue to produce an intense, extremely short duration compression burst. The focused acoustic compression force is translated to the surrounding tissue like an extremely precise deep tissue massage. The precise targeting of tissue with Acoustic Compression can positively influence cellular form and function, which can result in pain relief and improved circulation.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A MYACT TREATMENT AT COMPLETE CHIROPRACTIC
The technicians at Complete Chiropractic will work with you for approximately 1/2 an hour. Pinpointing targeted areas for healing. You will feel relief after one visit and may not require additional visits. The effectiveness of treatment is individualized based on degrees of damage and time sustained.
- The clinician identifies your treatment site(s), which will be charted for future MyACT treatments.
- She will then apply a thin coat of coupling gel. This gel helps to translate the acoustic sound waves generated by the therapy head to the body.
- Your treatment will start at a very low output setting and increase the power to a level that is tolerated by the patient and allows for definition of the treatment site. Communication between the patient and the clinician is very important at this point to ensure effective treatments. The output level and acoustic wave frequency rate may vary from location to location based on the depth and type of tissue being treated
- As the specialist moves the therapy source around the focal area, the patient will feel a dull ache. The therapist will ask you to report when you feel the ache and will adjust the output of the device to the appropriate level tolerated by the you. The clinician will ask for confirmation that the therapy source is still creating the ache and may adjust the location based on the your feedback. If at any time you becomes uncomfortable, you will be instructed to mention this to the therapist and the output is adjusted to a comfortable level.
- After the MyACT treatment is completed, the coupling gel will be removed and you can return to your normal activities. You may experience some minor aches or discomfort afterwards, but is suggested to drink a significant amount of water to help lessen the discomfort. It is not unusual for patients to notice flushed or reddened skin around the treatment site.
WHAT ARE SOME STANDARD ISSUES TREATED BY MYACT AT COMPLETE CHIROPRACTIC SAVANNAH ?
While the issues listed below are among some of the common issues treated by MyACT Savannah’s therapy, they are only but a few.
- Tennis elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Foot and heel pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shoulder pain
- Golfer’s elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Hip Pain
- Knee Pain
- Pain related to repetitive stress activities
- Back Pain
- *Trigger points